_____________________________ ST. NORBERT CHURCH           RATES ________________________         EBOOK


Details Emerge About Barricaded Armed Parolee Who Shoots at Parents, then at Deputies in Carson

Gun recovered after shooting in Carson

Gun recovered after shooting in Carson

Saturday was a day of terror at a Carson condo complex that resulted in a dramatic day long stand off involving dozens of law enforcement officers and a lone gun man.
A man and woman came to the Carson Sheriff’s Station lobby Saturday at about noon and told deputies their adult son had just shot at them and their car in front of their home.
The father had a minor wound to his foot as a result of the gunfire, and there was gunfire damage to their car. They added that their son had locked himself in their house and wouldn’t let them in.
Deputies arrived at the 40 block of South Camelback in Carson and asked the suspect to step outside. He refused.
More patrol deputies were called to the scene to assist in containing the surrounding area.
Meanwhile, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department (LASD) Special Enforcement Bureau (SEB) Special Weapons and Tactics (SWaT) deputies and a K-9 and handler deputy were called to the scene and arrived soon thereafter.
During the next eight hours, sheriff’s deputies continued to try to convince the suspect to surrender. Meanwhile, deputies periodically heard gunfire coming from inside the location that was directed outside. Deputies took cover as fragmented stucco was seen coming out of the exterior walls as the gunfire could be heard inside.
After repeated attempts to try to convince the suspect to step outside and surrender, Special Enforcement Bureau deputies fired tear gas into the home. Tear gas was sent inside three times but the suspect still did not surrender. Later, advanced technology was used by deputies to enter the location and assess the situation. It was determined the suspect was still alive inside the home and that he continued to pose a significant threat to the community and to deputies. The periodic gunfire from the suspect continued.
At about 8:00PM, Special Enforcement Bureau Special Weapons Team deputies and K-9 and deputy handler entered the home. The suspect was found by the sheriff’s K-9, who assisted in the arrest.
The suspect was taken to the hospital by ambulance for treatment of K-9 bites as well as a self-inflicted gunshot wound to his upper body. His injuries were not considered to be life threatening.
The suspect is a 31-year old parolee who resided at the home with his parents.
A handgun was recovered inside the home. A more thorough search for additional firearms is taking place.
No deputies were hit by gunfire. Deputies did not shoot their firearms.
The suspect is facing multiple criminal charges including felony Assault with a Deadly Weapon on his parents, as well as Assault with a Deadly Weapon on Peace Officers. He is being held without bail for a parole violation. The criminal investigation is being handled by Carson Sheriff’s Station investigators.
Partner to prevent or report crime by contacting your local Sheriff’s station. Or if you wish to remain Anonymous, call “LA Crime Stoppers” by dialing 800-222-TIPS (8477), texting the letters TIPLA plus your tip to CRIMES (274637), or using the website.

Source: Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department Media Division