Noguez Timeline of Articles-Click here
The links below are a chronological list of Los Cerritos Community News’, Randy Economy, and Brian Hews’ articles from the beginning to present day, range is from early February 2012 to now. The time-line clearly shows LCCN as the leader in breaking news on the Noguez corruption scandal.
The apology letter below from Shelby Grad of the LA Times gives LCCN credit for breaking the story. During the time between Feb 3 (when LCCN broke the story) and Feb 17, LA Times writers Rueben Vives and Jack Dolan called LCCN several times to ask us “what else we had on the story”. LCCN actually worked with the two writers and gave them the Schenter list of properties. The two writers then published their Feb 17 story without giving LCCN attribution and never gave LCCN attribution thereafter.
- Pay to Play Politics Rampant in LA County Assessor’s Office, in print February 10, 2012.
- DA Confirms Two Probes on Noguez and Ex-Appraiser, in print February 16, 2012. The next day the LA Times published a story without giving LCCN attribution. The LAT never gave LCCN attribution after that story.
- Noguez Acknowledges Probe
- Noguez Chief of Staff Resigns After LCCN Article
- Union Blasts Noguez Over Scandal
- Noguez and Local Realtor Film Infomercial Inside Assessor’s Office
- Letter From Noguez to LCCN Re: Infomercial
- LCCN Investigation Results in Noguez Subpoena
- LA County Assessor Projections Off by $50 Million
- LCCN Publisher Brian Hews Calls on Noguez to Resign-First Media Outlet to Make the Call.
- DA Issues Search Warrants on Noguez
- Noguez and Salari Houses, Assessor’s Office Raided
- Raids Leave Employees Locked Out For Hours
- Noguez Lashes Out at Union
- DA Taking Team Approach to Noguez Investigation
- Noguez Chief of Staff Call Negative Publicity Disturbing
- Emails Between Noguez, Staff, and Ramin Salari Released by LCCN
- Tax Agent Ramin Salari Warned Noguez About Being “Dragged Under the Bus” in a 2009 Email
- DA Steve Cooley Calls on Noguez to Resign, Call Investigation Biggest of His Career
- California Assemblyman Gatto blasts Noguez, Salari relationship; Seeks restrictions between assessors and ‘so-called tax agents’
- Ex Appraiser Scott Schenter Arrested
- Noguez Reacts to Schenter Arrest
- Schenter Arraignment Set
- Scott Schenter, Ex Appraiser, Arraigned
- LCCN Publishes List of Properties That Received Illegal Reductions
- LCCN Publishes List of Noguez Campaign Donation From 2010
- Assessor Steps Aside Amid Investigation
- DA Calls Investigation Multi Faceted and Ongoing
- Exclusive: Kriemann holds first meeting with senior staff before he was appointed
- Kreimann approved for Acting Assessor post in spite of no formal appraiser certification
- LCCN publishes hundreds of new emails between Noguez, tax agents
- UPDATE: McNeil, Stephens removed from key LA County Assessor management slots; banned from county offices
- 49 Noguez employees contributed nearly $40K to 2010 election effort
- Transcript of Santos Kreimann lashing out at media, LCCN in meeting with Assessor employees
- LISTEN: Deputy Assessor Santos Kreimann admits lack of qualifications, inexperience; Openly rants against media, LCCN
- LA County Assessor’s union to vote on ‘competency’ of Noguez
- EXCLUSIVE: BP Oil Received $1 Billion in Property Tax Reduction from Assessor Noguez’ Office
- District Attorney creates “hot line” for criminal tips inside LA County Assessor’s Office
- Assessor’s Office Audit Enters Fourth Month.
- 92% of Assessor Office Employees Say Noguez Must Resign.
- Noguez Home Given Historical Designation While In Foreclosure.
- Huntington Park Taxpayers Could Pay For Noguez Legal Expense.
- ASSESSOR JOHN NOGUEZ ARRESTED
- Noguez, Salari, McNiel Arrested on Conspiracy, Bribery, and Other Charges
- Tax Agent Salari Posts Bail.
- LA DA Steve Cooley Exclusive Interview With LCCN on Noguez Case.
Fellow journalists and radio talk show hosts who have acknowledged LCCN on the Noguez Case:
LCCN Featured in Sunday LA Times Community Newspapers
Fishbowl LA Congratulates LCCN on Assessor Story
Greater Long Beach Acknowledges LCCN
KTLK’s David Cruz Interviews Brian Hews and Randy Economy
FOX News Touts LCCN Coverage
NBC Interviews LCCN Reporter Randy Economy
CBS and KCAL Los Angeles Interview Brian Hews and Randy Economy After Noguez Arrest
Local Radio Host Mark Isler Interview Brian and Randy
Local Radio Host Doug McIntyre Interviews Brian and Randy
Powered by Facebook Comments